We can help you get the Indian Passport , Renewal of Indian Passport or apply for Indian Visas / OCI / PIO & Much More
Contact us to get assistance regarding any of these services. Call in Bothell:425.420.1888 or Kent:253.867.0450
India – Passport and Visa Required
Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens (please choose the appropriate visa category)
A Tourist visa is given to those visiting India for tourism or other non-business related purposes
A Business visa is strictly given those who are doing business in India such as making sales or establishing contacts on behalf of a company outside of India. Business visas may be valid for one year or more with multiple entries. However, the period of stay in India (for each visit) under this category is limited to six months only. Business visas valid for ten years with multiple entries may be available to foreign businessmen who have set up or intend to set up joint ventures in India.
Applicants going for employment in projects/contracts in India should apply for an Employment visa and not a Business visa. If the applicant does not meet any other visa type standards, they should apply for an Entry visa. Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry (X) visa (NOT Tourist visa), co-terminus with the period of the principal visa holder. Please note the visa is valid beginning on the day it is issued. So, a 1 year visa issued on January 1 would be valid until December 31.
An Entry Visa to India is granted:
- If you are a PERSON OF INDIAN ORIGIN
- If you are a spouse or a child of a person of Indian origin
- Dependant family members of EMPLOYMENT VISA or RESEARCH VISA holders.
- If your purpose of visit to India does not match any other type of visa.
- ONLY US PASSPORT HOLDERS can apply for Employment Visa from the Embassy / Consulates in the United States.
- An employment visa to India is also issued to those performing or participating in an event and to all entertainers.
- Those travelling to India for volunteer work with a Non-governmental organization (NGO) must apply for an India Employment Visa.
- Non US passport holders are requested to apply for Employment Visafrom the country from where their passport has been issued.
- The validity of an India Employment Visa will be for the duration of your employment / volunteer work in India, which will usually not exceed one year at a time. Further extension of up to 5 years may be obtained from MHA / FRRO in the concerned state in India.
Conference Visa is issued to attend International Conference, Seminar or Workshop in India. It is usually issued for duration of the conference. It may be issued to delegates if they are able to produce an invitation to a conference/seminar/workshop being organized in India by a Ministry or Department of the Government of India, State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, Central Educational Institutions, Public Funded University or an organization owned and controlled by the Government of India or State Government, UN or its specialized agencies and reputed NGOs.
If organized in India by private companies, the applicant should apply for the shortest duration Conference visa available. If approved, a 3 month single entry Conference visa will be granted.
Register your trip on-line with the U.S. Embassy in this country. Millions of Americans travel abroad every year and encounter no difficulties. However, U.S. embassies and consulates assist nearly 200,000 Americans each year who are victims of crime, accident, or illness, or whose family and friends need to contact them in an emergency. When an emergency happens, or if natural disaster, terrorism, or civil unrest strikes during your foreign travel, the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate can be your source of assistance and information. By registering your trip, you help the embassy or consulate locate you when you might need them the most. Registration is voluntary and costs nothing, but it should be a big part of your travel planning and security.